With 8 Strings it would be a good idea to make sure those strings are in tune. That’s why an 8-string guitar tuner is detrimental to your guitar playing. Anyway, you came to the right place. We spent some time researching the best 8-string guitar tuners out there.
Before we start, we just need to make one point clear. There is no specific tuner that was made for 8-string guitars, they just made a tuner that is able to identify all of the notes. Any note you play, the tuner will determine whether it’s too sharp, too flat, or just right. As long as it has the option of chromatic mode on the tuners, it can identify any note.
With that, we will show you the best chromatic tuners you can use on your 8-string guitar.
8-String Guitar Tuners List
1. Snark ST-8 Super Tight Chromatic Tuner
- Faster chip than its predecessor for improved accuracy
- Upgraded high-definition display rotates 360° for easy viewing
- Pitch calibration (415Hz–466Hz)
- High-sensitivity vibration sensor
- Tuner can be used on front or back of headstock
2. Boss TU-02 Clip-on Tuner
- Clip-on tuner with single battery operation
- Up to 24 hours of use on 1 battery
- Swivel adjustment allows usage at many angles
- Bright color display
- Auto shut-off feature preserves battery life
3. TC Electronic PolyTune Clip Clip-on Polyphonic Tuner
- Tune all of your strings at once, quickly and accurately
- Unique display lets you see the tuning for each string
- Automatically switches between modes
- 105 ultra-bright LEDs provide easy visibility anywhere
- Display automatically adapts to stay right-side up
4. Ibanez BigMini Tuner Pedal
- Chromatic tuner with a tuning range from A0 (27.5Hz) to C8 (4,186Hz)
- True bypass switching
- Choose from Needle or Strobe tuning modes
- Bright LED display
1. Fender FT-1 Professional Clip-On Tuner
2. D'Addario Guitar Tuner
3. KLIQ UberTuner
What are the different types of tuners?
Chromatic Tuner– A chromatic tuner will allow you to tune to every note in the chromatic scale, which is all 12 notes between octaves. This is the most common tuner that most people use and the one mentioned earlier.
Polyphonic Tuner– This tuner allows you to tune all six guitar strings with a single strum, which is an excellent time-saver.
Strobe Tuner– is a mechanical spinning disk with a strobe pattern is backlit by an array of lights that flash at a rate related to the frequency of the audio being analyzed. When the speed of the disk matches the rate of the flashing lights, the strobe pattern stops moving, indicating the pitch is in tune.
Strobe tuners are often hailed as the most accurate type of tuner, with precision as high as 1/10th of a cent.
There you have it! The best 8-string guitar tuners. Remember, as long as its chromatic then it has the ability to determine any note so it will work perfectly fine with an 8-string guitar. Make sure you familirize your self with the 8 notes on your guitar so you know what note its supposed to be when trying to tune it. With all of that you should know the basics to guitar tuners.
You can refer back to this list we set up for you when buying you tuner. In the list there were cheap and expensive tuners so go through its features we laid out for you and see what you think is worth spending the extra dollar for. If not, any of the cheap ones should work fine.
See our ultimate string cleaning guide.
Check out our page on bass guitar accessories where tuners are listed.